Sunday 28 April 2013

My intro to Green Tea ..

Riddle me this: what helps protect the eyes, guards the heart, boosts metabolism, and fights cancer? Why green tea, of course!

I was introduced to Green Tea, by my my new bosom buddy Monique.
At first it looked like a concoction of dirty water that didn't want to go down my throat. With some light seasoning of a slice of lemon and sugar it tasted much better.

The health benefits of green tea make it a good beverage for treating cancer, heart problems, cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol levels, rheumatoid arthritis, infection, tooth decay, etc. Green tea contains an antioxidant epigallocatechin-3 gallate (EGCG) which is helpful in treating a variety of diseases.

According to some studies, adding a splash of citrus juice (lemon is optimal) to your green tea can help maximize the effectiveness of the catechins, a powerful antioxidant, in the drink.
When lemon juice is included in the mix, the cancer-fighting catechins are five times more likely to survive the digestive process and work their magic.

So go ahead and give your next batch of tea a super squeeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment